Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Healthy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies...That Actually Taste Good!

Hey, you people trying to be careful of carbs--or just looking for healthy dessert recipes; this is a good one! Kid-approved at my house!

I adapted the recipe from this blog. She's got some good stuff that I plan to try!

Below I have typed out her basic recipe and how I improvised with what I had on hand at the moment. Let me know if you try them with any variations and how they turn out! I included a few picture to give you an idea of the batter texture. 

INGREDIENTS

·       3/4 cup Softened butter or coconut oil

o   I used what I had, organic salted butter

·       2/3 cup Granular Sweetener

o   She uses Monkfruit, which I would like to try, or Swerve. I had Coconut Palm Sugar and Organic Raw Cane Sugar, so I used 1/3 c. of each.

·       2 Eggs

·       2 tsp Vanilla Extract

·       3 cups Almond Flour

o                      o    I used 2 ½ c. of Superfine Almond Flour and ½ c. of Coconut flour to make it 

                      a little creamier in texture. 

·       1/2 tsp Baking Soda

·       1/2 tsp Salt

·       1/2 of a 9 oz. Bag Sugar-free Chocolate Chips 

o    I did not have sugar-free chips, so I used mini dark chocolate chips that I had on hand.

o    I used about ½ c. - ¾ c. of chocolate chips

 

INSTRUCTIONS

-     o   Pre-heat oven to 350F

-     o  Add softened butter (or coconut oil) and granulated sweetener to a large bowl 

          and mix on medium until combined

-     o  Add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until combined

-    o    Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl

-     o  Add dry ingredients a little bit at a time to wet ingredients and mix until combined

-     o  Dump in Chocolate Chips & Mix till combined

-     o  Use small ice cream scoop, make balls of dough and place onto lined baking sheet

-     o  Flatten out the balls of dough by pressing down on the top slightly 

          (The cookies do not really spread.)

-      o  Bake for 10-12 minutes

-     o  Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.


After the batter is all combined...

Finished baked texture...

Great cookie texture for Low Carb!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Healthy Take on BJ's Pizookies? Yes PLEASE!

 Ever been to BJ's Brewhouse and order a Pizookie? Yuuummmm! My favorite! Wouldn't you love to enjoy the 'Yum' without all t...